The global financial crisis led to marked increase in regulation governing financial institutions to ensure another economic disaster would never happen again. As part of these new regulations, the G20 introduced mandatory clearing and margin requirements for non-centrally cleared derivatives. This means $2 trillion additional margin will have to be posted by 2020…
Pension funds and asset managers have previously not been affected by these regulations, but will be very soon. And, with massive increases in margin requirements only around the corner, it’s vital that you truly understand the impact of this regulation on your derivatives trading to ensure you can continue to be successful. And we’ve created this guide to help!
- The impact of new regulation on pension funds and asset managers
- The difference between clearing vs uncleared margin rules
- Three case examples analysed:
– CCP vs SIMM margin comparison
– Netting benefits of clearing (simple example)
– Netting benefits of clearing (multi-dealer example)
- Top takeaways and next steps.
We hope you find the guide helpful. To find out more about how the OpenGamma platform works view the live demo here >