The global financial crisis led to marked increase in regulation governing financial institutions to ensure another economic disaster would never happen again. As part of these new regulations, the G20 introduced mandatory clearing and margin requirements for non-centrally cleared derivatives. This means $2 trillion additional margin will have to be posted by 2020…
Pension funds and asset managers have previously not been affected by these regulations, but will be very soon. And, with massive increases in margin requirements only around the corner, it’s vital – if you work at a pension fund or asset manager – you truly understand the impact of this regulation on your derivatives trading to ensure you can continue to be successful. And we’ve created this guide to help!
Download this guide to learn:
- The impact of new regulation on pension funds and asset managers
- The difference between clearing vs uncleared margin rules
- Three case examples analysed:
- Case one: CCP vs SIMM margin comparison
- Case two: Netting benefits of clearing (simple example)
- Case three: Netting benefits of clearing (multi-dealer example)
- Top takeaways and next steps.
We hope you find the guide helpful. Let us know by tweeting @OpenGamma using the hashtag #Clearing