Head of Product
Head of Sales – EMEA
Risk and Margining SME
With the oil-price crash at the beginning of March, and the continued escalation of the global coronavirus pandemic, 2020 has been a year fraught with volatility for commodity trading firms – causing liquidity issues and leaving them open to the uncapped liability of huge margin calls.
Under these stressed circumstances, it’s crucial that firms have an understanding of how treasury can maintain control of liquidity; ensuring that margin calls are accurate, identifying the cause of daily margin changes and sizing cash buffers in order to maintain sufficient credit lines. Without following industry best practices, firms can find themselves over-paying margin by 100’s millions of dollars, with little idea of why it has increased – leaving them in short supply of cash to support this.
In this webinar, OpenGamma experts Jo Burnham, Veeral Manek and Stephen Plestis investigate what optimal margin management looks like under the current volatility; exploring the techniques you can use today to maintain liquidity and offering insight on how firms can forecast, and properly prepare for, the impact of future market shocks.
- Margin Validation – Impact of incorrect margin on liquidity
- Margin Forecasting – Forecasting future liquidity requirements
- Margin Optimisation – Reducing margin to free up liquidity
Sign up to access our webinar video, here >
- Year in Review 2020: A Difficult Year for Margin
- OpenGamma Selected by Castleton Commodities International
- Stress Testing European Pension Funds – Denmark in Focus