Customer is responsible for carefully reading the terms of this Trial agreement before clicking ‘sign up’ and/or accessing or using any OpenGamma services. By clicking ‘sign up’ and/or accessing or using such services, Customer confirms that Customer has read and accepts this agreement. In addition, by registering for the Trial, Customer grants OpenGamma permission to be contacted with Trial information and to receive sales and marketing emails from OpenGamma. Customer will have the option to unsubscribe to these emails at anytime, by following unsubscribe procedures.
1. License Grant/Limitations/Restrictions
- This Trial Agreement (“Agreement”) is made and entered into on the first day the Trial Services are activated for Customer’s use (“Trial Service Activation Date”), and will remain in effect for the duration of the Trial Period as specified below. The individual who has registered and signed up for the Trial Services represents and warrants that he or she has the legal power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to legally bind the Customer (“Customer”) to the terms of this Trial Agreement. The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall govern the Trial Services to be provided by OpenGamma during the Trial Period. A Definitions section is included at the end of this Agreement which includes further applicable definitions used in this Agreement.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, OpenGamma hereby grants Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, limited license to use the Trial Services during the Trial Period solely for Customer’s own business purposes and strictly for purposes of its own internal evaluation of the OpenGamma Services and not for any commercial or competitive purpose. All rights not expressly granted to Customer are reserved by OpenGamma. OpenGamma reserves the right to make changes, modifications, reduction in functionality and enhancements to the Trial Services, at any time, and from time to time without prior notice.
2. Limitations on Use
- Customer may not release to any third party the results of any evaluation of the Trial Services performed by or on behalf of Customer for purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes without the prior written approval of OpenGamma. Customer shall not (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party the Trial Services or the Content in any way; (ii) modify or make derivative works based upon the Trial Services or the Content; (iii) reverse engineer the Trial Services; or (iv) access the Trial Services in order to build a competitive product or service. Additionally, Customer shall not use the Trial Services to: (i) store material containing software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (ii) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Services or the data contained therein; or (iii) attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Services or its related systems or networks.
3. Trial Period
- The Trial Period for the Trial Services will be for seven (7) days from the Trial Service Activation Date, unless: a) such Trial Period is for a longer term as specified by OpenGamma; or b) is extended by mutual Agreement of the parties. Customer acknowledges and agrees that, at the end of the Trial Period, Customer’s access to the Trial Services will be automatically terminated, with or without notice, unless Customer elects to license the Services on a paid subscription basis. Customer must contact OpenGamma at the end of the Trial Period if Customer wishes to continue using the Services beyond the Trial Period.
4. Customer’s Responsibilities
- Customer is responsible for all activity occurring under Customer’s designated User account and shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with Customer’s use of the Trial Services, including but not limited to those related to data privacy, international communications, the transmission of technical or personal data and export control laws and regulations. Customer shall: (i) notify OpenGamma immediately of any unauthorised use of any account or any other known or suspected breach of security with respect to the Services; (ii) report to OpenGamma immediately and use reasonable efforts to stop immediately any copying or distribution or misuse of OpenGamma Technology, Services or Deliverable that becomes known or suspected by Customer or Customer’s Users; and (iii) not impersonate another OpenGamma user or provide false identity information to gain access to or use the Services. Customer shall indemnify and hold OpenGamma’s parent organisations, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, attorneys and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) to the extent arising out of or in connection with a claim alleging that use of the Customer Data infringes a copyright, patent, or a trademark of, or has caused harm to the rights of, a third party provided in any such case that OpenGamma (a) promptly gives notice of the claim to Customer; (b) gives Customer sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim (provided that Customer may not settle such claim unless such settlement unconditionally releases OpenGamma of all liability and does not adversely affect OpenGamma’s business or Service); (c) provides to Customer all available information and reasonable assistance; and (d) has not compromised or settled such third party claim.
5. Customer Data
- The Trial Services will be populated with Sample Data, and may allow for Customer to enter a limited amount of Customer Data. To the extent Customer enters any Customer Data into the Services, Customer, not OpenGamma, shall have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, and intellectual property ownership or right to use all Customer Data, and OpenGamma shall not be responsible or liable for the deletion, correction, destruction, damage, or loss of such Customer Data. OpenGamma’s use of Customer Data shall be limited to the purpose of providing the Trial Services to the Customer. To the extent Customer enters Customer Data into the Services, Customer agrees and acknowledges that OpenGamma is not obligated to retain any Customer Data after termination or expiration of the Trial Period, and (ii) OpenGamma may delete Customer Data after the end of the Trial Period, without further obligation or liability to the Customer.
6. Intellectual Property Ownership
- OpenGamma alone (and its licensors, where applicable) shall own all right, title and interest, including all related Intellectual Property Rights, in and to the OpenGamma Technology, the Content and the Services and Deliverables (if any), including to any and all enhancements, enhancement requests, suggestions, modifications, extensions and/or derivative works thereof. This Agreement is not a sale and does not convey to Customer any rights of ownership in or related to the Services, to any Deliverable, the OpenGamma Technology or the Intellectual Property Rights owned by OpenGamma. The OpenGamma name, the OpenGamma logo, and the product names associated with the Services are trademarks of OpenGamma or third parties, and no right or license is granted to use them.
7. Suspension and Termination
- OpenGamma reserves the right to suspend or terminate this Agreement and the Trial Services, with or without cause, at any time, with or without notice. Customer may terminate the Trial Services, with or without cause, at any time, by providing a written notice to OpenGamma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Disclaimer of Warranty
- The services are provided ‘as is’ and OpenGamma makes no warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, and OpenGamma specifically disclaims all implied warranties, including any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for a particular purposes of any implied warranties arising out of the course of dealing or the usage of trade, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. OpenGamma does not warrant that the services (including related deliverables, if any), are or will be error-free, will meet customer’s requirements, or be timely or secure. Customer will not have the right to make or pass on any representation or warranty on behalf of OpenGamma to any third party. OpenGamma’s services may be subject to limitations, delays and other problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications. OpenGamma is not responsible for delays, delivery failures, or other damage resulting from such problems not caused by OpenGamma.
9. Limitation of Liability
- In no event shall OpenGamma be liable for any damages, of whatever nature, as a result of this agreement or the services, including but not limited to any direct, indirect, punitive, special, exemplary, incidental, consequential or other damages of any type or kind (including loss of revenue, profits, use or other economic advantage) arising out of, or in any way connected with this agreement or use of the services, including but not limited to the use or inability to use the services, or for any content, obtained from or through the services, any interruption, inaccuracy, error or omission, regardless of cause, even if OpenGamma has been previously advised of such damages.
- Customer may not assign this Agreement to any third party except upon OpenGamma’s prior written consent, which consent not to be unreasonably withheld. Any purported assignment in violation of this Section shall be void. This Agreement and each and all of the provisions hereof bind and benefit the parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns.
- Each party (as a “Receiving Party” hereunder) shall not disclose to any third party, any Confidential Information of the other party (as a “Disclosing Party” hereunder) provided to such Receiving Party in anticipation of, or in connection with the performance of this Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes Confidential Information provided to the Receiving Party prior to the Effective Date of this Agreement. As used herein, the term “Confidential Information” refers to any and all financial, technical, commercial, or other information concerning the business and affairs of the Disclosing Party, including, without limitation, any cost or pricing information, contractual terms and conditions, marketing or distribution data, business methods or plans. If Confidential Information is (a) provided as information fixed in tangible form or in writing (e.g., paper, disk or electronic mail), such shall be conspicuously designated as “Confidential” (or with some other similar legend) or (b) provided orally, such shall be identified as confidential at the time of disclosure and confirmed in writing within thirty (30) days of disclosure, unless a reasonable person would understand such information to be confidential based on its content. Notwithstanding the above, OpenGamma Confidential Information shall include the OpenGamma Technology and all pricing terms offered to Customer under any Order Form, and Customer Confidential Information shall include Customer Data. Confidential Information does not include information which (i) becomes generally available to the public other than as a result of a disclosure by the Receiving party, (ii) was available to a party on a non-confidential basis prior to its disclosure by the other party or in connection with the performance by such party of its obligations under this Agreement, or (iii) becomes lawfully available to a party on a non-confidential basis from an independent third party. The Receiving Party will not use Confidential Information for any purpose other than carrying out its obligations as set forth in this Agreement, and shall not disclose Confidential Information to any third party, without the prior written consent of the Disclosing Party and an agreement in writing from the third party that it will adhere to the confidentiality obligations imposed herein. Third parties shall not include agents of the Receiving Party, employees or affiliates of the Receiving Party, attorneys, accountants, and other professional advisors of the Receiving Party, in each case such person must have a legitimate reason to have access to such Confidential Information and must be under a duty to protect such Confidential information which duty is substantially equivalent to the obligations contained herein. Each Receiving Party’s confidentiality obligations with respect to such Confidential Information, shall remain in effect for the term of this Agreement and for a period of three (3) years after the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall be governed by English law, without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the invalid or unenforceable provision(s), with all other provisions remaining in full force and effect. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between Customer and OpenGamma as a result of this Agreement or use of the Trial Services. The failure of either party to enforce any right or provision in this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by such party in writing. This Agreement, (including any other documents referenced therein), comprises the entire agreement between Customer and OpenGamma regarding the subject matter contained herein and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties regarding such subject matter. All notices from Customer to OpenGamma may be made by emailing notices@OpenGamma.com and OpenGamma may give notice by emailing Customer’s contact as specified on the registration form. Customer agrees that “Powered by OpenGamma” or similar marks may appear in forms, web pages and other outputs of the Trial Services.
As used in this Agreement and/or in any Trial Service materials associated herewith:
“Content” means the visual information, documents, software, products and services contained in or made available via the Trial Services, other than Customer Data;
“Customer Data” means any data, information or material that Customer or Customer’s Users, subscribers or partners may disclose or submit to OpenGamma or the Trial Services in the course of using the Trial Services;
“Sample Data” means any pre-populated data provided in the Trial Services to enable Customer to use the Trial Services without entering its own Customer Data;
“Intellectual Property Rights” means unpatented inventions, patent applications, patents, design rights, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, domain name rights, mask work rights, know-how and other trade secret rights, and all other intellectual property rights, derivatives thereof, and forms of protection of a similar nature anywhere in the world;
“OpenGamma Technology” means all of OpenGamma’s proprietary technology (including Sample Data, software, hardware, products, processes, algorithms, user interfaces, know-how, techniques, designs and other tangible or intangible technical material or information) made available to Customer by OpenGamma in providing the Trial Services;
“Service(s)” means OpenGamma’s margin and total cost platform, or other services to which Customer is being granted access to on a trial basis under this Agreement, including the OpenGamma Technology, the Content and any product, service or license belonging to a any third party that is part of the Trial Services;
“User(s)” means Customer’s employees, representatives, consultants, contractors or agents who are authorised to use the Trial Services and have been supplied temporary user identifications and passwords by Customer (or by OpenGamma at Customer’s request);
“Trial Services” means access to a designated sub-set of Services and functionality for the purpose of enabling Customer to evaluate the Services during the Trial Period;
“Trial Period” means the duration of the Trial Period, starting on the Trial Service Activation Date, and ending at the end of seven (7) days or such other period as mutually agreed by the parties;
“Deliverables” means any copyrightable works, products, discoveries, developments, designs, work product, deliverables, improvements, inventions, processes, techniques and know-how made, conceived, reduced to practice or learned by OpenGamma (either alone or jointly with Customer or others) that result from professional services (if any) provided in connection with the Trial Services.